Friday 8 July 2016

Birdie Birthday

I made this card for this month's Power & Spark challenge at Power Poppy.  This time, the lovely and talented Kathy Jones asks us to "Be Happy" - by making a card using lots of things beginning with "B".  My first thought, of course, was to use the colour blue, so I started with Blue cardstock and a Border die (Spellbinders A2 Scalloped Borders One) and layered on Blue paper from Kaisercraft's Konstruct Collection.  Then I added some Braid, a Birthday sentiment (from Power Poppy's Go Wild stamp set), also a Banner from JustRite Buntings and Button Die set, plus some Buttons.  Finally I stamped this great image from Power Poppy's Short Stacks stamp set, which features a Bird, coloured it with copics, cut it out and popped it up with foam tape. Oh! and I did all the stamping with Black ink!!  What a fun challenge this is........thanks Kathy!

Copic Colours used were:  YG11, YG13, YG17, BV00, BV01, RV00, RV02, Y00, Y11, B00, B000, B21, B23.

Thanks for coming to visit!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Helen, what a sweet and adorable card...it's stunning! And, wow, you really covered a lot of B's in this one! I love this sweet image so beautifully colored with your masterful fussy cutting, and what a wonderful layout. It's simply beautiful! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is a B Happy overload - check out all those B things!!! Loving all the details and ALL THOSE BUTTONS and not to mention the BUDGIE BIRD!!! Absolutely BRILLIANT!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Power Poppy!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card, I just adore all the buttons and the pretty blue paper you used as a background. I also picked that stamp for this challenge, it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so spring and sweet! I adore the scallop swag, how stinkin cute! All the buttons make me smile, just delightful all around! Thanks for playing in our Power and Spark challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!