Tuesday 5 August 2014

Peace


The latest Friday challenge at JustRite Papercraft is to use a negative die cut - i.e. the piece left after die cutting.  Well, I immediately thought of this Couture Creations die called Venetta Intricutz Sophia Collection that I bought on sale at the Brisbane Papercraft Expo in June - you die cut a flourish but the negative part looks really great.  So, I cut a rectangle of X-press It blending card, punched a short side with Martha Stewart's doily lace border punch, then placed the die on one side and cut and embossed it.  I stamped the bunch of flowers from JustRite's Black-Eyed Susan Vintage Labels Five stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured it with copics.  The sentiment is from JustRite's With Sympathy set.  I added a black and white check ribbon and bow, then layered the card front onto black cardstock.

Copic Colours used were:  C1, C3, C5, C7, C9.

Thanks so much for coming to visit!

5 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL black/white card -- LOVE them and yours is a great example of how pretty they are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. I love the black and white. I would have never thought of using those colors on the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS in black & white! Great use of die too! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I think that stamp done in the B&W and grey is the most beautiful I've ever seen it done. Your card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my gosh, these flowers are gorgeous, and so pretty with the light shading on your B&W card! Love the negative flourish along the side and the cute scalloped border with gingham ribbon on the lower edge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!