Wednesday 18 June 2014

Purple Peonies


There's a new challenge over at Power Poppy called Peep of the Week.  This one is titled "Show Us Your Stuff" - i.e. make something using one of the fabulous Power Poppy stamps.  Well, that was no hardship at all - the difficult part was choosing which one to use!!  However, I'm a big fan of these wonderful peonies and purple is my favourite colour, so I went with that.  My background papers are from Kaisercraft's Violet Crush paper pad, layered onto purple cardstock.  I covered the join in the papers with black cardstock punched out with Martha Stewart's doily lace punch, and added narrow gold ribbon and a trailing bow.  I die cut metallic gold cardstock with a Spellbinders Exquisite Circles die, then black cardstock with a Spellbinders Scalloped Circles die, layered them together and added them to the card front with foam tape.  Next, I die cut the digitally printed Peonies with a Spellbinders Standard Circle die, coloured them with copics and attached the image piece to the black circle.  Finally I added a small gold butterfly charm to keep with the gold theme.

Copic Colours used were:  V000, V04, V06, V12, G40, G43.

Thanks for coming to visit!

6 comments:

  1. Oooo.... purple! My favourite colour! This is stunning Helen! Your peonies are so amazingly coloured - so rich and lush looking! Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen this is lovely. The gold accents are wonderful and very pretty card all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Helen! That paper is the perfect pairing for these peonies! A gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coloring Helen!! Love your purple peonies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my -- look at these gorgeously colored peonies? What a feast for the eyes this creation is! Just beautiful Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your peonies couldn't be colored any prettier and your layout really shows them off beautifully, Helen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!