Thursday 3 April 2014

Wonderful Friend

I made this card for this months Sketch Competition at The Scrapbook Store.  I had to omit some of the elements as the original sketch was meant for scrapbooking and it was all too much for a little card, but it is such a cute sketch, I just had to give it a try.  The background paper is from the Spring Drop collection by First Edition, layered onto pink cardstock.  Next, I added two pieces of May Arts net ribbon which I had coloured with Copic BG13 to match, then a paper doily coloured with Copic RV21.  I stamped the sentiment from Flourishes Butterfly Blossoms stamp set onto white cardstock, die cut it with a Spellbinders Standard Circle die and layered it onto aqua cardstock die cut with a Spellbinders Classic Scallop Circle.  Then I die cut  more aqua cardstock with a Spellbinders Captivating Squares die and added that to the card front.  Next, I stamped the image from the same Flourishes set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto blending card, coloured it with copics and cut it into a square and added it with foam tape.  Finally, I added some pink bling in the flower and two butterflies to mimic some elements in the sketch.

Copic Colours used were:  RV000, RV21, RV23, Y21, Y26, BG10, BG13, BG32, G40, G43, G46.

Thanks for coming to visit!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!!! Using a Scrapbook sketch on a card.....priceless!!! Fabulously coloured and love all your design elements!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!