Thursday 13 February 2014

Fishing

This weeks challenge at Timeless Tuesday is to use a wood element.  I needed some more masculine cards for my stash and thought the wood theme would be perfect for this.  I started with a piece of grey cardstock and embossed it with Cuttlebug's Woodgrain EF.  Then I added a piece of Kaisercraft's Whitewash paper from the Base Coat Collection plus a birthday sentiment from Stampin' Up!'s Teeny Tiny Sentiments set and layered the whole lot onto black cardstock.  I die cut some more black cardstock with one of the Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two dies, cut it in half and adhered the two halves to the card front.  I also cut a piece of black cardstock with a Cuttlebug Vintage corner die and placed it in the top right corner of the card front.  Finally, I stamped the fishing bag image from Flourishes What A Catch set with Memento Tuxedo Black onto blending card, coloured it with copics, cut it into a square, layered onto black cardstock and adhered it on top of the fancy tag with foam tape.

Copic Colours used were:  C1, C3, C5, C7, C9.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool!! Love all the woodgrain effects and the grey tones look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!