Thursday 14 November 2013

Warm Greetings

Yay! It's Release Week at Flourishes and this month, the challenge is to make something warm and inviting with a picture in blue and browns with a coffee cup as an inspiration.  Well, this one took a while for me to get into the spirit - it's Summer here in Australia with high temperatures and bush fires......and I don't drink coffee!!  Ah Well, I find there's always a Flourishes stamp in my - er - extensive collection to fit the bill.  So it was this great image from Flourishes Stitched For You stamp set to the rescue.  I started with dark brown cardstock and layered on some Kaisercraft paper - I think the collection was called Cocco.  Then I took another piece from the same collection and layered it onto light brown cardstock and added that to the background.  Next I die cut dark brown and dark blue cardstock with dies from Spellbinders Marvelous Squares, stuck them together and added them.  I stamped the sentiment (from Flourishes Autumn Blossoms) with Memento Rich Cocoa onto white cardstock and made a notched tag layered onto light brown cardstock.  Finally I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto blending card, coloured it with copics, cut it into a rectangle, layered it onto light brown cardstock, and added it with foam tape.

Copic Colours used were:  B0000, B000, B00, B02, B21, B23, B26, E000, E11, E23, E25, E27, E43, E44, E47.

Thanks for coming to visit!

5 comments:

  1. You truly did have the perfect stamp for this challenge! It looks beautiful in the blues and browns and your coloring is wonderful. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! This image is definitely a good choice and you've colored is so perfectly! Thank you for joining us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous coloring girlie. Oh my this is just beautiful and this set fits perfectly. Awesome card. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Grab A Cup Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun….It’s hard to picture opposite weather from what we’re having here in North America! I wouldn’t want any hot drinks right now either! Beautiful colouring Helen! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cozy looking creation. I love the colors you chose for your yarn. Thanks for play with Flourishes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!