Thursday 24 October 2013

Birthday Dahlias

This weeks challenge at Timeless Tuesday is to use fussy cutting.  Well, this is something I quite enjoy (which is a good thing seeing that I don't own a Silhouette machine!!)  I needed to make a birthday card with an oriental feel for a friend, so I chose background papers from Oriental Treasures DSP (Papermania) and layered them onto black cardstock.  I punched some gold foil cardstock with Martha Stewart's doily lace punch and adhered that across the join.  Then I added black satin ribbon down the middle and a bow.  I die cut black cardstock with a Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles die and added that to the background.  Then I stamped the sentiment (from Flourishes Winter Blossom set) with black ink onto another piece of the background paper, die cut it with the oval die from Radiant Rectangles and added it to the black piece.  Finally, I stamped the image from Flourishes Dahlias stamp set with Memento ink onto blending card, coloured it with copics, cut it out with scissors and attached it to my card front with foam tape.

Copic Colours used were:  R32, R35, R37, R89, Y35, Y38, G43, G46, G85.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You really cut that image by hand??? It's so perfect, I thought it was done on a Silhouette when I first saw it! Your card is gorgeous, with all the shiny gold and beautiful coloring on the dahlia. So glad you joined us in this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me Helen! That must have taken forever! Your fussy cutting is amazing! Stunning card this week. Love the glisten of the gold elements. Thank for playing along with us at Flourishes for this week's "Timeless Tuesday Challenge"!
    Ally.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!