Thursday 10 October 2013

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie


To celebrate World Cardmaking Day, Flourishes has asked for a card that relates to our own little Corner of the World.  Well, for an Aussie girl like me, that was an easy choice since Flourishes has a gorgeous stamp set called Bloomin' Aussie Florals.  I chose the Golden Wattle image, firstly because the golden wattle is the national floral emblem of Australia, and, secondly because of the green and gold colours which are our sporting colours.  At an international sporting event, you will see the golden boxing kangaroo on a green flag with people chanting "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie" and others gleefully responding "Oi, Oi, Oi".  I know - it's a crazy slogan, but has really caught on here in the "land downunder".
Anyway, I used paper from Kaisercraft's Great Southern Land DSP for this card (very appropriate, I thought!).  I embossed the sand coloured paper with Couture Creations Allora embossing folder because I think it reflects the shape of the wattle blooms, and layered it onto green cardstock.  Then I layered some of the wattle paper onto more green cardstock and added that to the background.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!'s Elegant Cheer stamp set.  Then I stamped the wattle image and name with Memento ink onto blending card, coloured it with copics, die cut it with a Spellbinders Labels 17 and layered it onto green cardstock.  Finally the image piece was added with foam tape.

Copic Colours used were:  Y11, Y15, Y17, YG61, YG63 and C1 to desaturate the green a little.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you had a great time on World Cardmaking Day!

4 comments:

  1. Helen, this is just beautiful! I had no idea that you are an Aussie girl.....how cool! Thank you for joining us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Helen! Love that you incorporated not only a local plant but also your team colours! How clever are you! Fabulous card. Thanks for playing on with our World Card Making Day challenge over at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Helen! Beautifully colouring on the wattle! A delightful Aussie card! Thanks so much for playing in our WCMD Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!