Sunday 22 September 2013

You Are My Sunshine

This weeks challenge at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday is to use an image showing a light source - e.g. a candle, lamp, lighthouse etc.  Well, I have been making calendars to sell in my craft group's Christmas Shop and I had just finished this one with a sun and cloud image, so, I thought - challenge completed!! (There's no bigger light source than the sun!).  I start these calendars with heavy cardboard cut into a 5 1/2" x 4" rectangle and covered this one with paper from Papermania's Capsule Collection DSP.  I add a ribbon hanging loop and cover the back with white cardstock.  A tear-off calendar goes on the bottom and then the top is decorated with a stamped image.  For this one, I stamped the sun and cloud image (from Flourishes April Showers set) with Memento ink onto blending card, added the sentiment (from Flourishes Sunflowers set), coloured it with copics, die cut it with a Spellbinders Labels One and layered it onto blue cardstock cut into a square.  Then I die cut yellow cardstock with a Spellbinders Lacey Circle and attached it to the background and popped the image piece on top with foam tape.  Finally, I stuck a magnet strip on the back.  I now have 20 of these magnetic calendars made and they are all different!

Copic Colours used were:  Y21, Y35, Y38, B0000, B000.

Thanks for coming to visit!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute gift these make! Pretty coloring of the image too! Thanks for joining in the Flourishes challenge this week! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Helen! What a great idea for a calendar! Great colouring on your sun & cloud too. Thanks for playing along with us this week for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!