Sunday 21 July 2013

Cherry Blossom

The challenge over at A.R.T. - a random Thursday card challenge, this week is a CAS Sketch.  Well, I struggle with CAS designs - I always want to add more layers, papers, embellishments etc. etc. - but I finally decided to go with a pink and white theme and Flourishes Cherry Blossom stamp set.  I stamped the large image with Memento Rose Bud ink onto blending card, cut it to make my background and layered it onto pink cardstock.  I coloured just three of the flowers to make that element of the sketch.  The patterned paper is from Henbury Lane DSP (Papermania), layered onto white then pink cardstock.  Then I stamped the small image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto blending card, die cut it with a Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles die, coloured it with copics, layered it onto pink cardstock and added it to the card front with foam tape.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment - from Flourishes Sweet Violets set directly onto the background.

Copic Colours used were:  RV00, RV02, RV21, YG11, YG13.

Thanks so much for coming to visit!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty Helen! Thanks for joining us for the A.R.T. CAS Sketch Challenge, and we hope you'll play along with us again this Thursday for a *new* challenge too! ~Cheryl, Senior DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Thanks for playing in this week's A.R.T. Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!