Wednesday 17 July 2013

Black & White

This month, Flourishes (my favourite stamp company, in case you didn't know - he he!) is celebrating their 6th Birthday.  Part of the celebrations include some special challenges and this one, a Black and White Challenge, is the first one.  I started this one with black cardstock, layered on two strips of plain white cardstock and embossed a rectangle of white with Cuttlebug Textile EF and added that.  I added faux black stitching along the edges of the plain pieces and covered the joins with black stitched ribbon.  I die cut some black cardstock with a Spellbinders Timeless Rectangle die and added that to the background.  I chose the image from Flourishes Bloomin' Aussie Florals stamp set, stamped it with Memento ink onto blending card, coloured it with only grey copics, cut it out and added it to the black rectangle with foam tape.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment, from Teeny Tiny Sentiments (Stampin' Up!) in the bottom right corner.

Happy Birthday to Flourishes and a special hello and thank you to Jan Marie Caruso - the creator of  this fabulous stamp company! 

Copic Colours used were:  C1, C3, C5, C7.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

5 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I love the ribbon treatment you did and those flowers were a perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Helen! I love the shading of your blooms - so beautifully coloured! Gorgeous black and beauty! Thanks for playing along with our first Flourishes 6th Birthday Calebration Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful! I love the SB frame behind your perfectly cut stamp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZAS!! This is STUNNING!!! Love the monochrome look and the dramatic look of black and white!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Your flowers look so dimensional and striking!! What a stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!