Thursday 18 April 2013

50th Anniversary


My friends, Midge and Barry are celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary this week.  Midge carried yellow roses on her wedding day, so I chose this lovely image from Flourishes Calendar Set 2.  I stamped the roses with Memento ink onto blending card, coloured it with copics and cut it out.  This week, the Timeless Tuesday challenge is to add a frame, so I die cut a frame from yellow cardstock with Spellbinders Opulent Ovals dies, then cut white cardstock with the largest die and sponged the edges with Versacolor Canary ink for the background.  I die cut an oval from white cardstock, embossed it with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and glued the yellow frame on top.  The sentiment is from Flourishes Happily Ever After stamp set, stamped with Memento ink onto white card, die cut with a Spellbinders Standard Circle die and sponged with Versacolor Canary ink.  I punched a 2" circle from yellow cardstock to layer the sentiment onto.  The background is white cardstock embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and border punched with a Martha Stewart punch, then layered onto yellow cardstock and wrapped with yellow satin ribbon.  Then I just put it all together, adding the frame and the sentiment piece with foam tape and more foam tape under the cut out image, and finally a bow.

Copic Colours used were:  Y00, Y11, Y15, Y21, G24, G28, G82.

Thanks so much for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure your friends will love your beautiful card. How sweet to make the roses the same as her original ones. Very lovely card. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic 50th anniversary card, Helen! Especially since the bride carried yellow roses!! I just love all the perfect touches of yellow and how you framed the bouquet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!