Wednesday 27 March 2013

Sewing Box


The challenge on this weeks Timeless Tuesday is to use Thread.  Well, my sewing machine is out of action at present, so I had to come up with something different.  Firstly, I hand stitched around some DSP from Kaisercraft's Candy Lane Collection and layered it onto some dark pink cardstock.  I stamped the sewing box image from the Stitched for You stamp set (Flourishes), and die cut it with a Spellbinders Timeless Rectangle die.  Then I drew some faux stitching and a needle with a Multiliner pen, coloured the image with copics and layered the piece onto dark pink cardstock.  The sentiment is from Flourishes Motherly Love set and was stamped with Versacolor Peony ink cut into a circle and layered onto a scallop circle and added to the card front with foam tape.  I finished off with buttons and a stick on pair of scissors to complete the sewing theme.

Copic Colours used were:  YG11, YG13, YG17, RV52, RV55, RV66, YR12, YR17, Y21, Y11, Y17, E50, E51, E41, E43, E33, E35, C1, C3, C5, C7

Thanks for coming to visit my blog!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! I like the "thread" trail from the needle and the sweet scissors!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be perfect for my mom, how did you know? LOL Again great framing and lovely Mothers day card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!