Friday 8 March 2013

Botanical Birthday


I made this card for this weeks Timeless Tuesday challenge - Cards with Cardboard, that is, embossing.  Well, I'm a big fan of embossing folders and this is one of my favourites - Textile (Cuttlebug).  I used it for the background (which is also punched with a Martha Stewart border punch) and also for the frame around the image, made by using two Spellbinders Classic Ovals.  The image is from Flourishes Botanical Bookplates Vol 2 stamp set and the sentiment is from Flourishes Sweet Violets set.  I stamped the pansy image with Memento ink onto blending card, coloured it with copics and sponged some Versacolor lilac ink on the background.  Then I die cut the image piece with a large oval die, adhered the embossed frame to it, and used foam tape to mount it onto a lilac Lacey Oval.

Copic Colours used were:  V04, V06, V12, Y13, Y21, Y35, Y38, G43, G46.

Thanks for coming to visit!

3 comments:

  1. Good golly Helen! That is one STUNNING card. Your colouring of the blooms is SO extremely beautiful. Love them! Thanks for playing along with our Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week over at Flourishes!
    Ally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! I love how you colored your pansies! I'm so glad you could join us for this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the two-tone coloring on the blooms. Awesome! Thanks for joining us at the Timeless Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!