Thursday 14 March 2013

Blue & Yellow


I made this card for Flourishes Colour Challenge to celebrate their March release.  Blues and yellow are a great match with pansies so I chose this gorgeous image from Flourishes Calendar Set 1, stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black onto blending card, coloured it with copics and die cut it with Spellbinders Classic Ovals.  Then I layered it onto mid blue cardstock cut with Labels 18.  The background paper is from Double Dot Designs DSP (Bo Bunny) and layered onto yellow cardstock and then onto mid blue.  I really, really wanted to play with my new Spellbinders Timeless Rectangle dies so chose to use that for the yellow piece.  Then, I added a pale blue strip punched with Martha Stewart doiley lace trim punch.  The sentiment is from Flourishes Tag Lines and stamped with Memento Bahama Blue and cut into a notched tag.  The image piece was finally added with foam tape.

Copic Colours used were:  B00, B02, B04, Y13, Y21, Y38, G40, G43, G46.

Thanks for coming to visit my blog!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Wow the coloring on your flowers is fantastic. Wonderful card. Thanks for playing in Flourishes COlor Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Helen -- your coloring on this card is out of this world! Love the gentle fade of yellow on those pansies and your layout is divine as well! Thanks for joining in the Flourishes fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Helen...I love how you colored the pansies! Simply fabulous! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! You colored those pansies to perfection. Thanks for playing at Flourishes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!