Thursday 14 February 2013

Hearts 'n' Flowers


I made this card today for this weeks Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge which requires a heart theme.  Well, I don't own any Flourishes heart stamps OR any heart shaped dies (gasp! How did that happen?!)  so I decided to make my own by cutting a heart shape from a piece of white card embossed with a Sizzix EF and layering it onto some pink cardstock.  I used Flourishes Inside & Out Just Because sentiment set and stamped directly onto the background papers which are from Kaisercrafts's Pink Gelato 6 x 6 paper pad.  I then covered the join in the papers with white satin ribbon, found a couple of pearl heart shaped beads and threaded them onto some sparkly ribbon thread and covered the ends with a bow.  Then I added white card die cut with Spellbinders Floral Doiley Motifs, and adhered my hand made heart over the top.  I then stamped the small image from Flourishes Hydrangeas stamp set, coloured it with copics, cut it out and adhered it with foam tape.  Some white pearls added to opposite corners and my "heart" card was finished!

Copic Colours used were:  RV000, RV00, RV02, G40, G43.

Thanks for coming to visit my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully done!! love the dangling hearts and soft coloring. Thank you for playing in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!